At JOW, we believe lunchtime is one of the most essential parts of your day. Your lunch provides you with fuel and nourishment to help you tackle the rest of your tasks and responsibilities. That means eating a high-quality lunch is one of the best ways to take care of yourself.
If you’re looking for a simple, tasty, and healthy lunch recipe you can have ready in no time, you’ve come to the right place. This post is all about our tuna wrap recipe. It’s one of our favorites for meal prepping, and you won’t believe how tasty it is.
The Tuna Wrap Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make a tuna wrap.
- A flour tortilla. Make sure your tortilla is large enough to fit your ingredients. You don’t want to end up with something that doesn’t wrap.
- Tuna. The tuna is this recipe’s primary source of protein, which helps to keep you fuller longer. The taste of the tuna pairs perfectly with the acidity of the lemon juice and the creaminess of the avocado.
- Cream cheese. Avocado and cream cheese are a match made in heaven. They’re both rich and creamy, and they’ll fill you up while providing you with valuable nutrients.
- Avocado. You’ll need to cut an avocado in half to make this wrap. Place the other half in the fridge and use it to make another wrap tomorrow.
- Lemon. The acidic taste of lemon brings out the flavors of the other ingredients. You only need a little lemon juice, so feel free to get yours from a bottle if you don’t have fresh lemon in your fridge.
- Shallot. Shallots are flavorful vegetables that belong to the same family as onions. You only need a few small pieces of chopped shallot for this recipe.
- Mixed baby greens. Just a little bit of lettuce makes this wrap taste even better.
The Tuna Wrap Recipe Step by Step
Follow these steps to make the best tuna wrap you’ve ever had.
Step One: Tuna Salad
- Get out a fork, a small bowl, and your cream cheese and tuna. Open your tuna can and drain out the liquid.
- Once the tuna is drained, take it out of the can and put it into your small bowl. Add cream cheese to the bowl.
- Using your fork, mix the cream cheese and tuna to make tuna salad.
Step Two: Chopping Time
- Set the bowl of tuna salad aside for now and take out a cutting board and a sharp knife.
- Wash your shallot and chop it into tiny pieces. Add it to the bowl of tuna salad, along with lemon juice, lemon zest (if you have a fresh lemon), salt, and pepper. Mix these ingredients with a fork.
- Take out your avocado and slice through the middle. Pull the two halves apart with your hands. Remove the pit by wedging the knife into the center of the pit and twisting until it breaks free.
- Cut the avocado half into thin slices.
Step Three: Mix It All Together
- Lay your tortilla flat on the cutting board.
- Take the tuna salad from the mixing bowl and scoop it onto the tortilla with a fork. Spread it evenly throughout the middle of the wrap, avoiding the sides.
- Add the sliced avocado on top of the tuna in the middle of the tortilla. Top with a handful of mixed greens.
Step Four: Wrap It
- It’s time to wrap your tortilla. Start by folding two opposite corners over the center of the tortilla.
- Next, pick up another corner of the tortilla and start rolling it towards the center. Think of it like rolling up a delicious carpet.
- Roll the tortilla until the two corners in the middle are folded inside of the other two corners. Then, finish the wrap by rolling it until there’s no unrolled tortilla left.
- Cut the wrap in half, and it’s ready to eat.
Want More Cooking inspiration?
If you’re stuck in a rut with your at-home cooking, we’ve got the perfect solution for you: try recipes from our cooking page. We’ve got a massive database of inspiring ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and more, so you’ll never run out of tasty new meals to make!
In addition to our cooking page, make sure to also visit our blog, where you’ll find helpful tips for all things food.