In this post, we’ll walk you through our summer burger recipe from start to finish. It’s a delightfully simple meal that everyone in your family will love!
What You Need to Make the Perfect Summer Burger
When you’re craving something yummy on a warm summer day, a burger is just what you need. This recipe is a classy take on a classic cheeseburger, making use of high-quality ingredients to give your taste buds the perfect mix of comfort food and fine dining.
Here’s everything you need to make our summer burger.
- Ground beef patties. For the best flavor and the healthiest burger, opt for grass-fed beef. Lower quality meat doesn’t taste great, and it’s also not as healthy for you as beef from a free-range, grass-fed cow. It may cost a bit more to make your burgers with grass-fed meat, but it’s worth it.
- Swiss cheese. Each summer burger you make needs a slice of melted, delicious Swiss cheese. This fine cheese is a much better alternative to artificially colored, highly processed “cheese” that you’d find on your typical cheeseburger. If you buy a block of Swiss cheese, you’ll need to cut it into individual slices before prepping your burgers.
- Burger buns. You can use any bun you like for this recipe, but we recommend opting for the freshest deli-style buns you can find. Brioche, ciabatta, or potato rolls are perfect for burgers, and they’re even better toasted.
- Mayonnaise and ketchup. These condiments are essential for a good burger. You don’t need to go overboard with how much you use, though – moderation is key!
- Sun-dried tomatoes. This is one of the ingredients that makes this burger so special. Sun-dried tomatoes have a distinctly tart taste that adds a bit of complexity to each bite of your burger.
- Fresh parsley. This refreshing herb gives your burger that summery taste that you’re craving.
To make things as easy as possible for you, JOW will add the exact amounts of all of these ingredients to a grocery list, allow you to add anything else you’d like to it, and then arrange for delivery or pick-up.
The Recipe Step-By-Step
Follow the steps below to make the best burger ever.
- To start, make sure your Swiss cheese has been cut into thin slices. If the cheese isn’t sliced thin enough, it’ll be hard to get that melty consistency.
- Once your cheese is sliced, move on to the buns. It’s time to toast them. Add olive oil or a bit of butter to a frying pan, then toast the insides of the buns for a few seconds each. Once they’re golden brown, it’s time to move on.
- In the same pan, cook the burger patties for two minutes on one side.
- Once the burgers have been cooked on one side, flip them over and add a slice of cheese to the cooked side. Cook for two more minutes. Then, it’s time to make the sauce.
- To make your burger sauce, mix a teaspoon of ketchup and half a tablespoon of mayo in a cup. If you want, you can add in a bit of sriracha, or even whiskey, to give the sauce some extra flavor.
- Once the burgers are done, place each one on a bun and top it with a slather of sauce. Then, top it with parsley and sun-dried tomatoes. After that, it’s ready to serve!
Burger Serving Tips
To keep your burgers looking as great as they taste, we recommend following these simple tips:
- Use cheese slices that fit on your patties. If the cheese is sliced too thick or too large, it’ll make the whole burger a gooey mess.
- Go easy on the sauce. Like we mentioned, moderation is key with condiments. Too much sauce can overwhelm this burger’s natural deliciousness.