The Ingredients for the Salmon Wrap
Here’s what you need to make a simple, healthy salmon wrap.
- Smoked salmon. You can find pre-cooked smoked salmon in the deli or seafood section at your local grocery store. If you’re in a rush or on a budget, you can also use canned salmon.
- Whole wheat tortillas. Make sure to choose a tortilla that’s large enough to hold all of the tasty ingredients in this recipe. You don’t want a salmon wrap that falls apart when you take the first bite.
- Cucumber. Pro tip: buy one cucumber from the store and pre-slice it. You’ll end up with enough slices to make multiple salmon wraps throughout the week. Just store your remaining cucumber slices in the fridge until they’re needed.
- Spinach. Just a little bit of spinach makes this recipe way tastier. The green veggie adds extra crispiness to each bite, so you definitely don’t want to skip this ingredient.
- Cream cheese. Cream cheese and salmon pair perfectly.
- Lemon (or lemon juice). A bit of lemon juice boosts the acidic flavors in the wrap and enhances the taste of the salmon. You only need one lemon slice to have enough juice for the wrap.
The Salmon Wrap Recipe, Step by Step
Follow these steps to make the perfect salmon wrap in just a few minutes.
- Before you get started, take out a cutting board and a sharp knife.
- Wash the cucumber and lay it out on the cutting board. Chop it into thin, circular slices. Then, cut these slices in half to help them fit better into the wrap.
- Take out the tortilla and lay it on a plate. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese over the surface of the tortilla using a butter knife.
- Add the smoked salmon to the center of the tortilla. If you want to get extra fancy, add one slice of salmon, then your other ingredients, then the second slice of salmon on top.
- Add the cucumber slices and spinach to the center of the wrap. Then, squeeze a bit of lemon juice on the ingredients.
Wrapping the Tortilla
A wrap is no good if it’s falling apart as you eat it. Here’s how to make sure your salmon wrap is wrapped right!
Start by folding two corners of the tortilla on top of each other. Next, take one unfolded corner and roll it towards the other unfolded corner, rolling over the folded corners. Roll until there’s nothing left to roll.
Want More Recipes?
Looking for other meals to make throughout the week? We’ve got you covered. You’ll find more simple, healthy, and convenient meal ideas on our cooking page.