If you’re looking for a yummy salad to enjoy at lunchtime or for dinner, we’ve got exactly what you need.
In this post, we’ll walk you through our recipe for grapefruit, avocado, and shrimp salad from start to finish.
The Ingredients for Avocado Grapefruit Salad
Here’s everything you need to make this delicious salad:
- Grapefruit. You need half of a grapefruit for this recipe. The tart, tangy citrus fruit adds refreshing acidity to the salad. It’s a unique touch you won’t find in many salads!
- Avocado. This recipe calls for half of an avocado. The fatty fruit (yes, we said fruit) is one of the most nutritious and satisfying ingredients in the salad, and it makes this dish a perfect main course for lunch – or an excellent appetizer at dinner.
- Cooked shrimp. You need 80 grams of shrimp for this recipe. Opt for cooked shrimp if possible, as this will minimize the prep and cook time for the salad.
- Watercress. Just a few handfuls of watercress greens will give your salad just what it needs to be complete. These greens are highly nutritious and low in calories, and they make a perfect addition to this salad.
- Garlic. ¼ of a clove of garlic gives this salad extra flavor.
- Fresh cilantro (if you want). Some people love cilantro; others can’t stand it. If you’re a fan of the herb, just a little bit added to this salad goes a long way.
The Avocado Grapefruit Salad Recipe, Step by Step
Follow these steps to make the perfect avocado grapefruit salad.
Step 1: The Shrimp
Take your shrimp and add it to a pan on high heat. Throw a drizzle of olive oil over it, then grate your ¼ clove of garlic into the pan. Let the shrimp cook for four minutes, stirring often to mix the oil and garlic in.
Step 2: The Avocado and Grapefruit
Take out a cutting board and a sharp knife. Then, separate the avocado into halves, pulling out the pit. Cut the avocado into thin slices.
Peel the grapefruit and slice it in half. Set one half aside, then cut the other half into thin slices.
Step 3: The Dressing
Take the remaining half of the grapefruit and squeeze its juice into a small bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the bowl, plus salt and pepper. Mix these ingredients together, and you’ve got the perfect citrusy dressing for the salad.
Combine your ingredients in a bowl and top it with the dressing. From there, this salad is ready to serve.
Want More Cooking Inspiration?
Not sure what to pair this salad with? For a light lunch, we love it with our tuna wraps. If you want a slightly heartier meal for dinner, serve this salad alongside our pea and mint gazpacho for a bright, summery meal.
Worried that you won’t have time to head to the grocery store? That’s what we’re here for. We’ll put together a grocery list for you and arrange for drop-off or pick-up with your local grocer, so all you have to worry about is actually putting the dishes together.